Font Fitting Room is a preview and management program for both installed and yet to be installed fonts, with multilingual name property support and full character map.
Font Fitting Room Deluxe handles the most popular font types used on PC today, helps you to add them to and remove from your system. These font types include True Type font(*.ttf, *.ttc), Open Type font(*.ttf, *.ttc,*.otf),PostScript Type 1 font(*.pfm,*.pfb), and Microsoft Windows font(*.fnt, *.fon).
Here are some key features of “Font Fitting Room Deluxe”:
– Preview: You can preview the custom sample text with a font list without actually installing them.
– You will see the installed fonts every time when application starts. To display any font that hasn’t been installed, go to the “Any Font Folder” bar and select it from the folder browser.
– The application always list the font name together with its associated file(s) in the left bar, while sample text is displayed in the right pane.
– You can play with following preview features: Sample Text, Font Size, Bold Style, Italic Style, Underline Style, Foreground Color, Background Color.
– Character Map: You can turn on the Character Map to see the whole supported characters in the selected font.
– You don’t need to install the font in order to display its character map.
– You can click on a character grid to see the magnified char. Tool tip is available for each character when you move mouse around the characters.
– Property: You can get more information about a font by see into its properties.
– For True Type font, you can see multilingual strings associated with the font. These strings represent copyright notices, font names, family names, style names, and so on. You can select a locale to see how the properties got defined under it.
– For FON, FNT and PostScript Type 1 font, you will see basic information of the font. These information include copyright notices, font type, font style, first char, last char and so on.
– Install and Uninstall: You can easily installed a font from anywhere accessible to system, or uninstall a system font and put it into Recyle Bin.
– All the font types listed above can be easily installed to system or removed to Recycle Bin.
– ClearType Tuning: If you are using a LCD monitor, probably you need this ClearType adjusting facility.
– You can activate this function to switch the system smoothing mode, set ClearType contrast value, or change LCD striping order setting. You would see the setting change effects immediately on the screen.
– Unicode based.
– Set Manager:The Set Manager helps you mark a group of fonts to be treated as a collection set that could be activated or deactivated simultaneously. You can also select a font set for preview without activating it at all.
– Drag-and-drop is supported. You can add fonts from within the program or drag font files from windows explorer and drop in the application.
– Each font set has a “default font path”, that is set to the folder of fonts which are added in when the set is empty. The set path can be altered as font files moved around to another place in the disk, so as to avoid adding them again and again once the file location becomes inaccessible.
– Multi-level set structure is presented for the organization. This feature enable you to create sub-sets under a parent set, decreasing duplicate fonts including operations, and managing fonts in a hierarchical way. However you are not required to build such nested sets if the plain flat sets structure is more suitable for you.